Thrift chair makeover

I picked up this chair from a thrift store to transform it into a chic chair for my 13 year old niece's desk. She loved the results! But maybe not as much as I did, I wanted to keep it for myself. 
Here is the before, excuse the parking lot view, this was the best picture I had
After my thrift shopping, $5 chair find, I went to the fabric store to hunt for fabric. I also made a few pillows to coordinate with the chair.


Blue felt for fun flowery pillow, and black and white floral print upholstery fabric for the chair

The supplies, can of white spray paint, BK letters her initials which I did not use, oops, and another print fabric for a pillow
 
First coat of paint applied. Couldn't wait to see it with the upholstered seat.


 
Felt flower pillow top, ready for stitching
 
Stitching the felt flower pillow
The results!

Stitching the final pillow closed on the way to my niece's 13th birthday party! Nothing like finishing a project totally last minute. I was totally carsick after this.



So cute, a bit lumpy but my niece didn't notice!

No comments:

Post a Comment