Chair Makeover Project Underway

I'm switching gears this month on my project goals to re-upholster a few chairs for a good friend. I have no clue what style of chair this is, but they're old and in desperate need of a makeover.

My friend bought 2 of these chairs from a garage sale for $10. What a steal! The frame is in poor shape, so I am going to build a new frame and web the the seat deck. This is my first frame project so I have a dozen books i'm referencing to help me through this. The cushions will be given a complete overhaul with new foam and fabric. 
Spring frame pulling away from chair
The chair was originally made with Sinuous springs, but the frame was poorly built and isn't standing up to the test of time. The new frame i'm building will be webbed to maintain the low profile look
Removing layers of old fabric and 100s of tacks
Side profile

No comments:

Post a Comment