Rainy day art supplies

It is a yucky, rainy day so we've been doing art most of the day. Here's the best method I've found for a small space. Our kitchen table is used daily for projects and of course eating so I needed an easy way to tote supplies around and put them up out of reach as needed.

My 3 year olds favorite thing to play with lately is blue painters tape. She makes her animals casts for their broken bones out of it - painters tape is my favorite because it comes off easy!

Our portable art caddy contains:
  • colored paper
  • blue painters tape
  • Popsicle sticks, and rocks - she loves to paint these and use them to spread glue
  • glitter glue
  • Scissors
  • markers
  • crayons - mostly for picking off the wrappers
  • colorful Pom poms for collages
  • foamie stickers, these do end up everywhere so be warned! 
Art at my house is free form and messy, but we like it that way! I just try to get it all picked up before my husband comes home, he's not as big on the glue & paint messes as I am :)

I hope this weather turns around quickly!! It's raining harder as I write.

No comments:

Post a Comment