Thrift Store Chairs Re-Upholstered

The old $10 thrift-store chairs I started working on for a friend back in June are complete! These chairs are over 20 years old and well loved. Here's a picture of the cushions before, and after. The fabric is faux leather, it has tons of texture, this picture does it no justice. Cindy is going to re-finish the frames in a dark stain, to pick up the dark, textured spots in the fabric. Her reaction was "wow"! That's what I love to hear.

Prior post here


Before
After - My friend Cindy is going to re-stain the chairs in a dark finish, that will really make the dark, textures spots in the faux leather pop

New drop-in style frame built by my husband

Original Sinuous springs. These were in really bad shape, and were starting to split the wood frame, so these had to go


I learned so much from this project, and my library of upholstery books came in handy. 

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment