2 little Mice Sleeping Bags

We love stuffed animals around here. I'm a sucker when it comes to my daughter wanting to adopt yet another plushy friend when we're out shopping. Rarely do they make their way back to the shelf to join their other friends. I've noticed some changes in the way my daughter has been playing with her animals, she empties my dishtowel drawer and builds beds for her furry playmates. To save myself a few loads of laundry, I decided it was time to make a few real beds. These will be wrapped up under the tree, along with new mice friends.


I spent a small fortune on these mice, supporting my favorite local toy store and their newest line of toys by Moulin Roty. It was love at first sight for me and the La Grande Famille Holiday Suitcase. It's vintage charm drew me in. Miss mouse really deserves a beautiful vintage floral sleeping bag, and i'm sure she'll get one in the near future.


Here's a look inside the case. Check out those bloomers! They are well sewn, and so adorable. I am always fascinated by tiny stitches and details. How did they hem those tiny little pants?

I can't wait to see Miss K play with her new little friends on Christmas morning.

I have been wanting to try the 3 bears sleeping bag pattern by Flossie Teacakes, and I finally bought it and I must say it was very fun to sew. I made the baby bear pattern, and scaled it down an inch all around to make a wee baby mouse sleeping bag. The instructions were very detailed and easy to follow.

It is funny that I used cat fabric for a mouse sleeping bag. I wonder how long it will take Miss K to notice.

Here's a link to the sewing pattern from Flossie Teacakes



No comments:

Post a Comment