Sunset Placemats Tutorial

Hi! I'm back with a brand new tutorial for you, this time I created the tutorial in Publisher, and included it as a PDF attachment. Let me know what you think of the new format. Sunset Table Runner

 I made these placemats to go with mother in laws Sunset Table Runner that I made for her birthday last year.

She has been asking for a set of matching placemats ever since. I'm sure she'll be excited to find these in her mailbox this week.

I followed my own method of sewing placemats, and mixed in some inspiration for the table runner I made last year. The best thing about these placemats are that they hold up very nicely wash after wash, due to the stiff stabilizer Timtex that I use inside them.
Looking back, I wish I had used Timtex for the runner, instead of quilt batting. I'm eager to see how the placemats and runner look together on my MIL's table. Her table is much nicer than mine, it hasn't seen 5 years of wear and tear from a little person. I am waiting a few more years, before I invest in my dream farmhouse table.
Here is that link to download the PDF. Enjoy! Sunset Table Runner

1 comment:

  1. Nice work, Jen. And fabulous written instructions! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete