Little Ladybug Bodysuit

I had the pleasure of custom creating a baby outfit for a close friend of mine. She wanted a ladybug  bodysuit and matching headband for a baby shower. It's always fun to get creative and come up with new designs. I spent hours just trying to get the eyes on the ladybug just right. Using my eyelet stitch, I was able to make the center of the eye just the way I wanted it. This would have been so much easier if I had an embroidery machine... someday! I almost dropped everthing and ran to my local sewing machine shop to buy one. But I didn't.

If you are lucky enough to have an embroidery machine, the ladybug embroidery design is by Cocoa Studio, available here http://www.ggdesignsembroidery.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=191. I used the old tracing method and free handed the eyes, legs and antennae.

Here are some pictures of how it turned out. Be watching for this in my Etsy shop. As soon as I can get time to edit photos i'll get this listed. If you want one now, let me know!

Pretty red and black polka dot ruffles! LOVE.
Don't mind the scratch marks on my fence... that's just my watch dog sharpening his claws.

On a more personal note, i've been praying hard about where to send my daughter for Kindergarten in the fall. Registration is underway and we're making the private school, public school, or homeschooling decisions. And I thought preschool decisions were tough! I guess the fun is just beginning.

Blessings friends,
Jen

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is SSSOOOOO cute! Love your creativity. Maybe I should get the embroidery design and put it on a top for Charlotte since she is in the Ladybug's class! I feel your pain about schooling decisions. Shauna is trying to figure it out too. I had no idea that now they charge a monthly fee for public kindergarten! Who knew!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Oh you should get the embroidery design, it is soooo cute, it would be adorable on a t-shirt for little Charlotte, oh and with a matching tutu. I wonder if I can find some red and black polka dot tulle like in the book Ladybug Girl - how cute would that be! I completed the public school paperwork today, but i'll be looking at a few more private schools in the area. Hoping to figure this out soon.

      Delete