Geranium Dress in Lotus Drop

Yesterday I posted that I was challenging myself to make lots of dresses this month. Right after I wrote that goal, I dove into my first project. I made the Geranium Dress, from Made by Rae that I purchased last month, I already had the size 6 pattern printed and taped together and ready to go. All I had to do was choose the fabric.
I chose to make the dress using Lotus Drop in Turquoise from the Lotus Pond collection also designed by the very talented Rae Hoekstra of Made by Rae. I love this modern print, and the colors look so sweet on my little girl. By the way, I bought a bolt of it, so you can buy it from me if you'd like at River Stitch on Etsy.

There's nothing better than being able to cut and sew a dress, and have my daughter wake up excited to wear it to school the next day. She is the most uniquely dressed girl at school :) My sewing room is across the hall from her bedroom, so the sound of the sewing machine going till all hours of the night lulls her to sleep.

Here is my little angel all ready for school this morning. She was giving me her very goofy smile, and I was rushing her because we had to be to school in 10 minutes. Smile! Come on, give me a pretty smile.

I had her pair the dress with a long sleeve t-shirt and leggings since it's cold and rainy here in Seattle. We've had non-stop rain the last several days.

The back bodice was so quick and easy to make, just 4 buttonholes, and hand stitched buttons, which I sewed on this morning before school snuggling in bed with my girl.


I definitely recommend this pattern and i'll be making it again, next time with the cutout neckline.

How about you, have you made a dress in this pattern? I'd love to see what you've come up with.

The Details:

Pattern: Geranium Dress, by Rae Hoekstra, I made the Kids Size 6, View A gathered skirt in the dress length, and View B bodice with faux cap sleeves.

Fabric: Lotus Drop Turquoise is from the Lotus Pond Collection by Rae Hoekstra for Cloud9 Fabrics. I am selling this in my RiverStitch Etsy Shop here

No comments:

Post a Comment