Felt Happy Birthday banner


My little bug turned 3 in January. Time is going too fast, slow down please!

I wanted to make a bright banner that I can use for years to come. This is what I came up with.

Here's what you need to make your own:
  • 8 1/2 x 11 felt sheets in varying colors (I used purple, orange, green, red, and blue) 
  • Scissors
  • Pinking shears
  • Applique paper
  • bias tape
  • print letters in font you like
1. Trace letters onto Heat n Bond applique paper.
2. Iron the traced letters onto white felt, and cut 
3. Cut colored felt sheets in fourths. I used pinking shears.
4. Iron letters to colored felt sheet.
5. Zig zag or straight stitch around letters to add a decorative touch (not a must)
6. Join the letters together using store bought bias tape (or make your own if you're up for it)


No comments:

Post a Comment