Sunset Table Runner


 I posted about this table runner I was making for my mother in law's birthday a few weeks ago. (See old post here). I did get it finished and wanted to show you the beautiful results. I wanted to free motion quilt this, but I couldn't get past practicing on quilt sandwiches, and watching youtube tutorials on free motion quilting. So, I did the old standby, stitch in the ditch. I still love the way it turned out, the rainbow of fabric just makes me happy.
I started with Moda's Over the Rainbow Batiks jelly roll, and nuetrals charm pack.
Beautiful rainbow of colors, i'm singing "somewhere over the rainbow...."

 And here is a photo of the back side of the runner, you can clearly see my simple quilting here.

Resources:

Quilting Video Tutorials - There are several useful tutorials available on YouTube, these are a few of my current favorites:

How to Bind a Quilt by Connecting Threads
How to Bind a Quilt with a Sewing Maching by Missouri Quilt Co
And this 4 part series by Patsy Thompson titled Free Motion Quilting, Beginning Tutorial is very helpful.

Fabric - 

1 - Moda Over The Rainbow Batiks Jelly Roll
1 - Moda Natural Charm Pack
1/2 yard - Moda Over The Rainbow Forest Green for back of quilt and binding


No comments:

Post a Comment