Pattern Review: Simplicity 1670


I used Simplicity pattern 1670 to make my daughters Easter dress that I've posted about the past few days. (I'm not paid to review patterns, this is all my own opinion.). I love all the options this pattern provided. You're the designer as you select from various trim and sleeve options, and a round or square neckline, it was really fun to get creative with this dress yet have all the instructions there to help along the way. As you follow along with the pattern, it calls out "Designers Additions", so you know exactly when the best time is to add in say eyelet trim in the bodice, or piping in the midriff, ruffles to the bottom hem, or a wavy trim.

This wasn't exactly the easiest pattern i've ever followed because the dress is fully lined - not just the bodice, the zipper in the back, and the tiny little sleeve with ties I made were like making barbie clothes - but turned out really cute, and worth the extra fuss. I definitely recommend this pattern as long as it's not your first! But i'm sure you could make it through it as a second dress with a little patience.

I followed the pattern for Dress with Bodice A, and added the sleeve and tie, and roses which I did a tutorial for here. I found the fabric on sale at the Sewing Expo in Puyallup last month. It was a bargain at $5 for the yard. I only had one yard, but managed to squeeze all my pattern pieces for a size 4 into that one yard (another 1/4 yard would have been better).

Fabric: Moda, Chloe's Closet, 30's Playtime, pattern # 32586.
Pattern: Simplicity 1670, Dress with Bodice A with sleeve & roses
Skill level (my recommendation): experienced beginner to intermediate


On the way to grandma's house on Easter Sunday we stopped off at a local nursery to pick out flowers. I didn't see a basket all made up that I really liked, so I let my daughter pick a flat full of flowers to help grandma plant in her garden. She ran from one end of the garden to the other picking flowers, she had so much fun.




Easter egg hunting at grandmas house.



Let me know if you make this dress pattern. I'd love to see what you made.

JEN

No comments:

Post a Comment